Wednesday, June 16, 2010

random wonders



So...Ling and Ting has received 3 starred reviews!!! It's true--Kirkus, Booklist and the Horn Book (my first star ever from them) have given Ling & Ting the elusive star! I am (happily) amazed. Truthfully, I'm telling you this not to brag but because I want you to think that the book is SOOOOOO good that you HAVE to come to the book party on Sat. C'mon, it's 3 stars of goodness!

Speaking of goodness, you can see the "original twins," the ones who first inspired Ling and Ting at this blog post HERE.

And, along the same lines of amazing strange things, I am only 7 (yes, 7) fans away from reaching 1000 on my facebook fan page. When I first started the page, I said that if I ever reached 1000 I'd give everyone a cupcake. I didn't think it would happen so I wasn't too worried about it. But now I am going to have to seriously consider the possibility. Do you think I can wheedle my publisher into sending me on the 1,000 cupcake book tour? Hmm, say 40 cupcakes at each event...that would be like a 25 city tour! Eeks! And where would I bake them in each city? Okay, will have to start thinking of a plan B...

But, in the meantime, you CAN get a real home-baked cupcake from me if you come to my book party on Sat. (It's at 3 pm at Porter Square Books). I'm thinking chocolate with vanilla frosting this time. Anyway, there won't be 1000, but there will be one for you!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

You can bake at my house if you come to Portland, OR. I'm sure fans around the country would say the same!

Congrats on your reviews.

Barbara O'Connor said...

Grace: I'm so sorry to be missing your party. I know it will be full of awesomeness and amazing creativity. You NEVER cease to amaze me.

Congrats on the stars!!!

I'll be at ALA but I know you will be in a whirlwind. But if we cross in the night, let's at least fist bump.

Nicole Tadgell said...

Congratulations, Grace!! I'm hoping to make it to your party. :)